Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crazy for Color

I don’t know what it is lately, but I have been dying to do a project with bold color! Perhaps because it is summer and that brings with it bold beach towels, dinnerware, and swim suits. Maybe it is the trending in of orange and turquoise that is setting the mood or maybe it is that I am just plain happy!

The rich earth tones have been in for so long and don’t get me wrong they are beautiful. My house is currently the rich earth tones with reds and mossy greens in a traditional style. My next house is going to be bold and contemporary. I had bold and contemporary for years, but then I guess we all need a change.

I have also always been a fan of black and white. Paired with bold colors black and white is even better. Bold colors also work well with Chocolate.

I love this egg chair. See how the lemon yellow plays off of the black and white.





This art is great or something abstract with a lot of color is a nice choice when going bold.





Upholstered headboards are always fantastic, but look even better in color!



If anyone wants to venture outside of their comfort zone and let me help you pull together a room in full color, let me know. My husband will thank you, since it will suppress my need to step out and experiment in my own house. Turquoise, orange and chocolate anyone? Black and white with hot pink, lemon yellow or chartreuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment